Some people are cut out for just this. It starts early, that careful grooming of hair, nails, hands, feet and face, it may extend to lifestyles and food habits that will maintain the ideal body shape, keen interest in fashion trends and knowledge of beauty secrets passed down the ages and beauty tips for the not so patient listener.
Conde Nast started Vanity Fair, the popular magazine on fashion, culture and current affairs in 1913. A hundred years later, it is still publishing monthly articles on notable people, fashion trends, world events and carries full page portraits of beautiful celebrities. He was just one. There are many like that who would like to share the world of fashion and beauty that is so much within their reach with the rest of the world.
With the advent of the world wide web and blogging, publishing a magazine is no longer necessary. There are many bloggers who write about the very same things one would find in a world class magazine like Marie Claire, Vogue or Vanity Fair. There are so many blogs that the first twenty, or the first fifty has been rated for the reader’s convenience.
The outstanding reason behind a successful fashion and beauty blog is the knowledge that you the blogger have something different to say and works hard at saying it.
What are the other reasons that go into making a successful fashion blog or beauty blog?
A fashion blog is like having a fashion magazine online. While a magazine has different departments and people to take care of writing, photography, art department, sales, etc. a blogger basically has to do all of this on his or her own.. Some of the skills required for this job of having a fashion blog are
· Writing skills – writing should be appealing and readable. Anything that’s boring and dull will not get readers
· Editing skills – punctuation and grammar should be right – translating into something the reader can trust.
· Modelling and being a stylist – should not be awkward when it comes to modelling in clothes. A certain level of comfort and confidence in your own body is essential. A sense of style which can create a unique statement which is creative and interesting is essential.
· Photography/ Creative visualization – Basic photography skills with a high quality camera with knowledge of lighting and angles is a great asset to have
· Photo editing skills as in Photoshop for lighting, color, shadows is essential for those pictures which will attract traffic to your fashion blog
· Social media skills – must be conversant with Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ etc. Making the accounts in all these visually appealing will generate more interest to the benefit of your blog.
· Ad sales and Public Relations – This has to do with advertising your blog with a little bit of showing off your achievements in order for advertisers to tie up with your blog. Public relations is establishing good relations with brands and companies that are relevant to the matter of your blog.
· Basics of web design and HTML – will help you make changes or fix bugs on your website without having to resort to expensive outside help.
Your kitchen is a place where you spend a considerable amount of time every day. However if the kitchen is small the same tasks appear very cumbersome and difficult to manage. To guide you we are providing 10 classic ways in which you can maximize the space in a small kitchen.
1. Opt for more wall storage- The shelves in your kitchen can be enlarged to accommodate more objects and containers. Try and fit all those things on the shelves which otherwise lie scattered on the countertops. This manner you can also reduce the clutter in your kitchen.
2. Integration of appliances- When you get a modular kitchen made you can always make sure that appliances like microwave and dishwashers are integrated in the panelling itself. Doing that saves you space on the kitchen slab and reduces the amount of stuff that is outside.
3. Hanger for pots and pans- Cookware is one of the few things that occupy a lot of space. To free some space you can install a hanger where such pots and pans can be accommodated. That ways a lot of your cabinet space can also be used for other purposes.
4. Open Wall shelves- The shelves that are made will be more convenient if you leave them open. Skip a full installation of wall cabinets and use the open shelves to keep your crockery and items that are worth displaying.
5. Pull out counters- If you think there is still shortage of space invest your money in pull out counters. This could be used for meal preparation and once over you could close it and keep it hidden. Such a counter does not interfere with your kitchen décor style also.
6. Consistent finishes- When you keep a consistent look for your kitchen it looks neat and even the limited space available looks more. Such fine finishes also provide an elegance to your kitchen which is otherwise difficult to get.
7. Corner space usage- There is a lot of space in the corners which are otherwise not used. Those who understand the importance of this space create modular kitchen attachments which uses the corner much more efficiently.
8. Scalability issues- If you have a small kitchen then do not go for large-scale features and bold pattern usage. Minimize use of multiple textures and spaces and selected only muted tones for the kitchen. This makes your small kitchen look spacious despite its constraints.
9. Use multi-functional appliances- When you have space issues you should definitely look at buying appliances which are capable of handling multiple tasks. That ways you won't have to share space for two-three devices and your work will be made convenient.
10. Skinny cupboards and shelves- Store more things at one place by installing slim cupboards and shelves. Such narrow shelves and cupboards can be installed in corners and places which are otherwise not so useful.
With these tips, you can comfortably create a beautiful and homely kitchen even if space is less.