Winter pine snowy December calendar 2017 wallpaper you can download for free on the blog! For any device; mobile, desktop, iphone, android!
- Remove all packaging material before burning pillar or grubby candles.
- Only burn in a holder designed for the candles.
- Never place any candle directly on furniture.
- Burn your freestanding candles 1 hour for each inch in diameter and keep the wick centered. This allows the flame time to melt the wax to the outer edge.
- Not allowing your candle to burn until the wax melts to its outer edge will cause the candle to core down the middle & shorten burn time.
- Do not trim the wick too short or it will not generate enough heat to melt the wax adequately.
- Keep your candle wax free of matches, wick trimmings & flammable materials
- To extinguish a candle with little or no smoking: use a candle snuffer.
- Dip the wick into the melt pool and then retrieve it. Wick will be primed and ready for next lighting. The wax on the wick will light faster than a dry wick.
- Do not burn in dryty areas.
- Your candles will have a more even burn if you give them a little (about t turn) about every hour or so.
- Crooked burning does happen if the wick becomes off center. To rectify the crooked burning, you can use a butter knife to gently push it back to center. If there is a draft from a fan or an open window, rotating the candle can help the candle to burn more evenly.
- Remove candle wax from the candle holders by running very hot water over them.
- The second way to remove wax from a candle holder is place the candle holder inside the freezer for about 10-15 minutes, take it out and hit the bottom of the holder with the flat of your hand. Usually the old wick and what left over candle wax pops out. I have had to use a butter knife to push down on the edge of the left over wax to help it come out.
- To remove wax from washable fabrics, scrape off excess wax and run boiling water through the material.
- To remove wax from carpeting, use a paper bag from the grocery store, get your iron very hot, iron the top of the grocery bag and most of the wax will come out.
- If your candle is lit and in another room, it might be a good idea to check on it every hour.
- A small amount of wax left at the bottom of containers / votives, and sometimes an outer shell of wax left on pillows is normal. The remaining wax at the bottom of a candle is a result of wick tabs with long necks that are specifically manufactured to keep a fire from starting if a candle is burned too low.
Source by Tobey Craft