With the addition of a new balcony, you can have a functional outdoor space for entertaining, relaxation or even work. These home additions can be as versatile and flexible as you need them to be. Best of all, they add character and tremendous value to the properties on which they are installed.
There are a number of ways to use these spaces as part of your home office. Coming outside with your laptop to enjoy the view can refresh your mind, boost your creativity and increase your productivity. Never understimate the mood-enhancing benefits of working in an outdoor environment that's surrounded by breathtaking scenery, particularly if you work in a primarily creative role. Look for outdoor laptop stands and small, all-weather tables or desks.
Some people opt to transition their balconies or terraces into functional dining areas. For instance, you can install a covered table for serving breakfast or brunch. Residents can dine outside on warm, sunny days while watching the sun come up. There are even rolling bars that you can put out here for making mimosas and other libations outdoors.
Spaces like these can also be great for hosting outdoor dinner parties, especially if you have a reliably small number of guests. There are small grills, wood fired pizza ovens and other cooking accessories that can be added to this space. Creating entertainment areas in your vertical space is an excellent way to maximize your use of your property area.
If you have yet to construct your balcony and have some flexibility in terms of its overall design, this is a surprisingly great place for a small water feature. You can relax on your balcony in your own hot tub. This will add valuable value to the home and give you the perfect place for unwinding after a long hard day. It can even have year-round functionality.
When placing a hot tub or pool on a large terrace, however, there are obvious structural engineering concerns in order to ensure proper load bearing capacity. You also want to ensure that the space is suitably walled in. This way, when people step out of the water feature, they are not at risk of tumbling to the ground. Check out the building codes for your are to determine whether or not an ambitious design like this one is even possible.
Another thing that you can do is to implement a multi-layer lighting design that is adequately adaptable for creating the right ambiance for different uses and events. Shop around for outdoor wall sconces, miniature lampposts, task lights and overhead lighting. Versatile lighting options can create the same level of aesthetics that you enjoy with your lighting on the inside of the home.
Irrespective of how basic or orate your balcony design turns out to be, it must have a suitable railing for limiting liability and keeping residents safe. Start by considering simple, tubular balustrades and move on to glass or even stainless steel. Ultimately, however, the enclosure, railing or privacy screen you choose must be stable, in compliance with local building codes and capable of coordinating with all other structural elements on the property.
For a child, nothing can be more exciting and appealing than his / her own birthday. They eagerly wait for this day through the year with enough anticipation and joy. We often keep them away from the planning and preparation of this special day due to our fear of them ruining everything. Instead, if we involve them in preparing the birthday decoration, they will not only be more engaged but they will also learn some values and ethics from a young age like taking responsibilities and decisions, bringing out their creative side etc. This is the time when the kids are more likely to help out with extra motivation. Also, if they are given certain responsibilities this feeling will evoke inside them that their opinion matters to the elders. Below are some ways in which you can involve your children in the preparation of the birthday décor.
1. Theme of the Party: Gone are those days when birthday party meant only cutting the cake and blowing up balloons, today, just like any other party, birthday parties are also planned based on various themes. Asking your child to choose the theme for his / her birthday can make him much happier. Tell them they are in charge of deciding the theme and then they will also have to plan on the decorations based on the theme. This can help in bringing out the most creative and imaginative side of your child. You might even get surprised by the innovative themes they come up with.
2. Making creative invitation cards: What can be better than a self-made, hand-written invitation card? It adds a personal touch to the whole process of inviting people. Ask the little one to make the invitation card and draw on it, or decorate it using glitters, stickers etc and write down the invitation inside the card. Watch the kid put extra effort in the writing since this card will be received by his / her friends and their parents.
3. Decorations: Props which can be interesting to children can be made such as king and queen's crowns, magic wands, masks etc. Making a piñata is another great idea which you can ask your children to make with some help and oversight of course. You can also encourage your children to watch any DIY tutorial video and create it.
4. Candies: Who does not love candies? Ask him / her to give you a helping hand in making them. As candies are loved by them they will be interested in the making process equally. Your child's cooking skills can also be nurtured by this.
5. Handmade return gift: Instead of wrapping some store-bought gifts it would be much better to make some gifts at home. You can give your kid ideas and instructions to make the gifts and he / she can input his crafting skills and creativity in it. Giving gifted gifts to your guests will also make them think that a lot of thought and effort has been given behind the gifts and this will impress them.
Apart from the above, you can also involve your children in looking after the guests and asking them whether they are enjoying the party or not and so on. The children always enjoy doing things which are fun and letting them take part in their own birthday party can make them extra happy as they get to play a major role in it and this feeling makes them get involved in the process with much more enthusiasm.
Source by Aman Tumukur Khanna