Rice Krispie Easter Eggs – an Easter dessert that is fun, easy and delicious. Your family will love this unique Easter treat. Follow us for more great Easter Food Ideas.
Your home is your haven where you get peace. Thats why you decorate it with your taste and comfort level. And for comfort the first consideration is the choice of your furniture. Wheather it may be your living room furniture, bedroom furniture, children's furniture or your dining / pub table, it is very important to choose your furniture wisely. Your furniture decisions totally depend on the available space, need and cost you are looking for, and of course the maintenance you are willing to do.
Furnitures are available in variety of materials, but as far as 'Wood Furniture' is concern it has many advantages like it blends best with the natural surroundings, does not absorb heat, cost low maintenance, easy to clean, and durable but it needed to be treated periodically.
Preventative maintenance is the key to keep your wood furniture looking like new
Always remember simple routine maintenance can not only increase life to your wooden furniture but also help to maintain its shape and looks other wise your furniture may loose its strength and lustier. Wooden furniture may loose its strength because of:
1 Weather Condition is the first concern comes to mind for any wooden furniture which may affect your wooden furniture, it could have the exposure of rain / snow / moisture / mist. Exposure to any of these may adversely affect the wood cells of your furniture which may lead to expansion or contracting of the cell walls as per the moisture content inside the cell which causes shrinking and swilling of your wood furniture. This may further leads to di-shaping, cracking, peeling, and paint / varnish defects.
2. Weathering Process - Weathering is the process of degradation in wood's surface caused by the combined atmospheric effects like solar radiation, moisture, and heat etc. resulting in change in appearance and de-structure and decrease in composite thickness of the wood.
During this process, the wood first changes its color to become light and further wood surface looses its wood fibers because of erosion. However this erosion process is an extremely slow process and involves decade of years.
All the above mentioned facts can easily be controlled with proper care. The under guidelines / tips crafted by Dallas furniture store can help you not only to maintain the look of your living room or bedroom furniture but also increase life to your wooden furniture
- Recommended to use a coasters / mats when placing glasses, vases, mugs etc on wood surfaces.
- Always use waterproof furniture covers for protection against moisture.
- As Outdoor furniture are more exposed to air particles since water repellants or other products with a high percentage of oil are not recommended for it as they have the stick tension for these particles.
- The contracting and expansion of wood because of weathering may require adjustment in screws, and to make it more easy, it is recommended to avoid varnishing over screw fittings.
- Wash your furniture once in a week if it is close to pool, as pool water contains chlorine which may affect the finish of your furniture.
- Apply a paint touch-up / varnish once in a year.
If some damage has been occurred on the surface of your wood furniture, you can repair with few simple process described below:
- First, clean the damage surface with a pure cotton cloth and mild cleanser and let it dry completely.
- Now lightly sand the area to be repaired with sand paper or finer.
- Next, rub a small amount of stone texture compound into the damaged area and smooth it out, leave it till it gets dry.
- To finish the repair process, apply paint / colors. Let dry completely.
To conclude, with proper care and maintenance you can retain looks and add life to your wood furniture and extremely improve the quality of your house.
Source by Rashmi Saxena